Thursday, May 3, 2012

❤ TCAF 2012 ❤

 The photo shows my sketchbook work from April 2011 to April 2012 (chronological order).

For TCAF 2012, I am releasing Volume 1 of this year's sketchbook work. I'd like to post the photo of the zine, but to my shame, it's still at the printers. I will update as soon as I get them.
Sketchbook stickers while watching Quiet Earth. It's a post-apocalyptic (sort of. How can I say definitively if the apocalypse is on-going?) story about everyone dead except three people on earth. Very engaging film, but try not to watch alone. 


And finally... My brother is releasing Cat 3! It features a fat cat eating stuff. I guarantee cuteness. 


Here is the TCAF plan! I am at the backroom on the first floor, table 165, where Hand-eye society and Kid Koala are. I am sitting beside my friends Ben and facing Ian.
If you happen to walk by, please come and say hello.

Info on the event:
TCAF @ Toronto Reference Library
789 Yonge. St, north of Yonge TTC
Saturday May 5th, 9am-5pm
Sunday May 6th, 11am-5pm
Free to attend


This is very shameful to admit. But for the past FOUR DAYS, I've been playing Solaris on loop, everyday, while robotically scanning and re-touching images. It is one of those perfect movies with my favourite theme of memory and letting go. It is a sad movie though (although parts of it makes me smile), that many repeats took me to some dark places in my head. As I am about to do some printing now, I want to play it again. Before I saw this movie, my friend told me it's exactly a kind of movie I'd like. Now I'm so hopelessly addicted. It's surreal to go outside after being stuck in a room with Solaris music & dialogues playing in the background for so long. It's going to be 23 degrees today, I better get the fuck out.

Lastly, some silly oopik drawings from last night.

2 comments:

Selena Wong said...

I'm so excited about Cat 3!! And your sketchbook zine will be soo great! <3 See you there!

Yumayah said...

Cat 3 is full of fatness! My cousin Sally will hate me more for having another one to decorate the living room- she doesn't want to be a mean cat owner lol!! And thank you for a beautiful and dark story about orphans and infant mortality issues =X It hits me like the Bertha in Jane Eyre in a Korean World Setting... ;-;